Tuesday, 5 January 2016

2015 Successes

So while I wasn't finishing projects or making YouTube videos, I had greater things taking my time. First on the list was work, lecturing is really fun if you know what you are teaching and programming can’t be crammed, memorized or even taught in theory, so I had to spend time reading and researching best examples to pass the skill and this in turn made me not just a better teacher but also a better developer.
Besides work I spent time and money on online courses on graphics, game development and mobile application, two of which I have already completed. There is hardly any feeling as good as spending your money on making yourself smarter.

Trip to A.B.U Zaria
I was invited to give a talk in A.B.U by the FlexiSaf team thanks to GDG Abuja Lead (Bulama). Truth is this requires a post of its own but let me drop the highlights. I work in a private university where when free Google Developer Events were organised it was difficult getting people to attend and you dare not think charging money will make things better, but here I was nervous at the massive crowd that came to hear us talk from morning to evening the hall was packed, people even came from neighbouring schools, (reminds me of the ever ready GDG Lafia team) I was in awe looking at the crowd,  I gave my talk and the question and answer session and demo was really fun, people saw how easy it was to get started developing Android apps. Watch out for a more detailed post on this trip, thanks FlexiSaf and A.B.U Zaria for this event.









images from event at ABU Zaria

DevFest
Developer Festival is a Google Event where different google developer communities come together and interact on technological trends how to harness and teach its application. I was opportune to give a talk on Android Material design and I was quite tense, tense because I didn’t know what type of crowd to expect and had my presentation continuously changing till the final day. It turned out quite epic, fun and informative can’t wait for this year’s DevFest.


post north central Devfest video (credit: Sir Muff)


north central Devfest trailer video (credit: sir Muffs)

Android study jam
Google organised an Android study jam which is a club where interested people can come and learn how to build android applications professionally, I was given the task of handling the event at our GDG BinghamUniversity chapter and boy was it a fun experience.


Post event video






Generally 2015 was a blast because of the people I met, friends made, experiences both positive and negative and the fact that we are here to witness and “do more” in 2016
GDG Bingham welcome event for 2015 100 level

GDG Bingham welcome event for 2015 100 level

Google IO Extended (always epic at our chapter)

Birthday