Tuesday, 5 January 2016

2015 Failures

I had several projects last year, I started and dropped them half way through the process, mostly because I was building to learn and once the knowledge is gained I drop it to move to the next phase (It is not a good habit).

Video game project

Alright I teased Angry mallam Infinite runner on Instagram last year and this game was a proof of concept for @Danny Cypher to guide him through his game development he however changed his mind which in turn killed my “ginger” (so that one is his fault ;)) but towards the end of 2015 I started revamping the project from a more experienced point of view.

Watch out for the build this year

Solar system VR project

Virtual reality caught my attention especially because it is so affordable with google cardboard and neat the documentation is pretty neat, I built a solar system concept for kids but I could never come around to integrate cool or nice graphics so I kept it lock down, to make things worse my nexus 5 started acting up after falling, so can't test VR till I change or fix it.

photo of my sleeping nexus 5 in a Cardboard


Mobile application project

In 2013 Mr Muffy and I built MedicNaija an app that helps you find closest hospitals, call doctors, report epidemics and get notification of prominent diseases and how to prevent, cure and control them. We pulled it down in 2014, I built the windows phone version as my final year project which I also pulled down from the windows store, I started working on it in 2015 but I knew that wouldn’t work out well because windows 10 was coming to change the platform, hence dropping the project. For now.

screenshot from medicnaija 2013
Other stuff

I released zero youtube videos (damn!), I didn’t finish any personal dev project.